Saturday 31 January 2015

First Shapes of Modular Knitted Cardigan

I decided to base my cardigan on a jumper design in an old Colinette pattern booklet called Portmanteau.

Colinette modular knitting pattern
 
I bought the pattern booklet because I was attracted to the jumper and I was going to knit it – but I can’t leave a pattern alone.  I thought wouldn’t it be better if it was different – if it was a cardigan, if it had more arrow-head shapes etc.
This is what I have done so far.

modular knitting
 
I have knitted L-shaped modules many times but I don’t think I have ever knitted them as “arrowheads”.
I haven’t done a finished design – I am making it up as I go along!  I currently intend to do 3 columns of arrowheads on the back and one of each of the fronts – but this may change.

No comments:

Post a Comment