Thursday 29 January 2015

Yarn for a Modular Knitted Cardigan

I have decided to get back to modular knitting.  I had thought about tackling one of my unfinished items, but then I changed my mind and decided to have a go at making a cardigan from the yarn I bought last September from the Oxford Yarn Store.

Rowan Noro and Colinette Yarn
 
This photo shows some Rowan, Noro and Colinette yarn that I intend to use.  The Colinette is prism in a shade called Blue Parrot.   The turquoise green is in fact - Artesano aran.  I have not used this yarn before - it is very soft.
I was a bit worried that the colours were too similar and that I needed to add something red.  In December I found some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and bought a couple of balls of that.
I am not sure that I have enough yarn for a cardigan, but I could add some Noro from my stash or I could buy some more yarn!  One of the advantages of modular knitting is that dye-lots often don’t matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment