Saturday 10 January 2015

Finished Version of Colinette Arizona Dreams Yosemite Throw

This week I finished this throw.  I spent one evening sewing ends in and making tassels.  This colourway is called Mountain Hues.

Colinette Yosemite Knitted Throw
 
While you are knitting it is hard to see what something actually looks like – when I stretched out this throw it reminded me of one I knitted about 10 years ago.  The previous throw was knitted in shades of mauve and purple and included sections of a holey pattern.  I think it is currently occupying the bed in my mother’s spare room.
Colinette Arizona Dreams Yosemite

Although Colinette recommend using 2 straight needles to knit their throws – I recommend that anyone else attempting the Yosemite design uses a circular needle for the woven sections so that the knitting doesn’t pucker up too much.  The tension is hard to judge when you can’t stretch the knitting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment