Monday 12 January 2015

Irregular Striped Scarf Version 2

The last time I knitted an irregular striped scarf I remember thinking that I would like to make a Noro version and I asked for some Noro as a Christmas present so that I could experiment.  Anyway – I have started this new version.

Noro striped knitted scarf
 
It is hard to put down.  I want to see what the next bit will look like.  I am using 2 shades of Noro Silk Garden (Shades 84 and 314) and Rowan Fine Art Aran (shade 00545).  I did originally intend to use all Noro, but thought that the Rowan Fine Art Aran in this shade went particularly well with the Noro.
These colours are so bright and cheerful on a gloomy winter day.

Noro knitted scarf
 
It is interesting that because the yarn is so multi-coloured the stripes are not very clear.  I think they may be more obvious when I have knitted a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment