Friday 6 February 2015

Back of Modular Knitted Cardigan

This week I have been steadily working on my modular knitted cardigan.  I have knitted 5 columns of arrowheads – 3 for the back and 2 for the fronts.

modular knitting cardigan

This photo shows a section of the back - 2 columns of arrowheads joined together by diamond shapes.

modular knitting
 
I decided to do a different decrease on the diamonds – I am purling 3 stitches together on the back of each shape whereas the arrowheads have the decrease on the front.  This may seem a bit odd but I decided that after I had picked up the stitches for the diamond I needed to decrease on the first row or the shapes would be too bulky.  I intend to finish each column with a triangle shape to level it off.
I am not sure what the front is going to look like yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment