Sunday 3 February 2019

Creative Cables Throw – Third Strip

This week I have made a start on the third strip of the throw which is actually Strip 4.


This is actually blue.  It doesn’t look much like it in the photos.  However the tone goes quite well with the mauve strips that I have already knitted.

This cable pattern is a different kind of twist – it produces a travelling pattern.  It is quite easy to make mistakes and hold the stitches to the back instead of the front – so it is good to stop and check every so often.  I have only done this once so far and noticed quite quickly.  I have now also learned the pattern – so I don’t have to keep following the chart. 

When I have finished this strip I may start the sewing up because I will I have knitted the strips either side of my first strip –  and it would be good to avoid leaving all the sewing until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment