Thursday 21 February 2019

Happy Birthday – Maud Tabron Blog

I think it is almost 5 years since I started knitting this blog.  I wasn’t sure – I had to look back and see what I wrote last year!  At this time I normally do a review of the year and this year I am going to start with a photo of me taken last week by Karen Draisey of Oxford Yarn Store.


The photo is not supposed to be of me – it is the jumper that is important.  This is the jumper that I started last October and only got around to finishing in January.  It is from the Noro Kureyon – The 30th Anniversary Collection – Wicker Lace Pullover by Yoko Hatta.  The original has short sleeves – I lengthened them – increasing one st at the beginning and end of the row on row 5 of the 8 row pattern.  On the sleeves, I have done 4½ more repeats of the pattern than the original.  I used Noro Kureyon and West Yorkshire Yarn Spinners Retreat.
Last year was dominated by my World War 1 Memorial Quilt which took up a lot of time.  It took up a lot of time knitting it, but also travelling around with it.  Everyone said nice things about it.  It appeared in 4 publications – Knitting magazine, Family Tree magazine, Slipknot and the Rowan newsletter.

I am sure I knitted other things last year – I remember knitting lots of More Tea Vicar tea cosies for All the Fun of the Fair.  They seemed to be more in demand than the previous year.
What else?  I have just had a look through my photos to jog my memory.  I knitted 2 coats for little ones – one blue for a newborn and one with a cat on for a little girl.

I knitted several shawls and shawlettes including one for my aunt’s 80th birthday.


I knitted 2 throws for Oxford Yarn Store but I only have photo of one of them.  Like the Creative Cables throw – both are from Martin Storey’s Afghan Knits book.


I also knitted a pink Noro jumper and finished the year with a Christmas wreathe.




So looking back on it – I did quite a bit of knitting.  I also started several things which I hope to finish in the next few months including the Creative Cables Throw, a Patricia Werner modular knitting jacket and a Marie Wallin fair-isle cardigan.  There are still plenty of half-finished projects left from the year before to get back to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment