Wednesday 1 March 2017

Another Noro Shawl

I have finally finished knitting tea cosies for the moment and have started knitting another shawl.  The last time I visited Oxford Yarn Store I bought 4 more balls of Noro Silk Garden 4ply.  They were half-price in the sale.


I have been looking around for a garter stitch based pattern.  I wanted something easy to knit while I was travelling about last weekend.


The original pattern is by Brian Smith – I ripped it out of Knitting magazine last year.  It is supposed to be knitted in double knitting weight yarn – so I have had to increase the second garter stitch section so that it will be a bit longer.  If I had just followed the pattern using 4ply – it would have turned out more like a head-scarf than a shawl. 

I haven’t finished it yet and because every alternate row has 4 more stitches – a row takes longer and longer to do.  I hope to finish it in the next few days because I want to get back to the 10 stitch blanket that I started in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment