Wednesday 15 March 2017

Inspiring Other Knitters

When I started writing this blog – I wanted to keep a record of what I have been knitting and inspire other knitters.  On Friday – when I received the latest Oxford Yarn Store newsletter – I was thrilled to see the following photo.

African adventure

This has been knitted by a lady called Penny who is an Oxford Yarn Store regular.  I have never met her but she must have seen my English Adventure throw.  Hers is more African Adventure – the difference being whether you knit “egg-timer” shapes or more rounded shapes.  I will reprint a photo of my poppy version – so you can see that I stressed the rounded shapes to produce the poppies.

poppy knittted throw

I have just bee thinking – I must have a go at an “egg-timer” version of this throw – I will add it to the list!  If you are reading this and think it looks too complicated – it isn’t – it is really easy – it just looks complicated.
This week I have been working on my 10-stitch blanket.  This is what it looks like now.

10-stitch blanket

As it gets bigger there are more straight bits and less corners – but I am still having a battle with the yarn to prevent the same colours appearing next to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment