Friday 31 March 2017

Knit the Sky Scarf – March Update

I just about got the March update written in March!  I have just knitted two rows of red to mark the end of March.

knt the sky

The photo above shows the close up of March – it shows that there has been a bit more blue sky than in January or February.

knit the sky

The dark grey in February was the day before Storm Doris when the sky was very threatening.  There does seem to have been a lot of grey this year.  I used light blue and white today but if I had knitted the sky earlier it could have been light grey or dark grey.  Now the sky is even bluer than it was earlier.  I am trying to knit the colour of the sky when I am eating my lunch - whenever and wherever that is.
Before the clocks changed and the sky was light before I went to work -  there were some very beautiful pink and orange skies.  It would have been interesting to knit the sky when I have got up – but it would be very navy and black for a large part of the year.  Perhaps I could just accept that and do a scarf like that next year!
This week I have been working on another project for All the Fun of the Fair.  I have also started another shawl – that was supposed to be easy - but isn’t really because you have to remember which row you are on and it is easy to end up with the wrong number of stitches.  I prefer those shawls which are the same every row – now that is easy!
I haven’t finished my 10-stitch blanket and I haven’t done much of it for two reasons.  It has been a bit hot for having a blanket on your lap – and I was away last weekend and did not want to carry it around – hence the new easy shawl.
Rowan Yarns started a Kaffe Fassett Knit-a-long yesterday.  I am tempted to give it a go but I really haven’t got the time.  I have at least 3 other throws planned in my head.  I was a bit surprised to see that Rowan suggest that you should knit 4 squares in the first week – I certainly wouldn’t manage that.

No comments:

Post a Comment