Wednesday 7 October 2015

The Mystery of the Missing Tea Cosy

You can tell from the title that I am a fan of detective fiction.   I was reminded of the fact that one of my tea cosies disappeared, when I looked at a leaflet advertising the Guild of Master Craftsman’s (GMC) latest publications.  GMC are publishing a new compilation of tea cosy patterns called The Big Book of Tea Cozies. The book has one of my tea cosies included in the montage on the front. 

Tea Cozies



The photo below shows another version of the tea cosy which I knitted for a friend of mine.

knitted tea cosies


I have always liked this pattern.  It was designed especially for GMC’s first tea cosy book (Tea Cozies).  Many of the other designs were competition entries based on Yorkshire – such as my “white roses” design.  However this tea cosy was inspired by my maternal grandmother who taught me to knit.  She enjoyed knitting but she also loved dancing and her favourite colour was turquoise.  GMC called the design “glitter ball” – but it was originally based on a ball gown.
My grandmother also inspired my embroidery and the photo below shows an embroidery which featured her photograph.


To go back to the tea cosy and the title of this post – although some of my tea cosies were returned to me – I don’t have the original “glitter ball” because it “went missing” during the photo shoot.  All I can say is - someone else must have liked it!


No comments:

Post a Comment