Thursday 22 October 2015

Shades of Autumn

When I was at Alexandra Palace last week – I fell in love with some more Noro yarn. 


Noro Silk Garden Lite

This time it is not Kureyon – it is Silk Garden Lite.  It was the lovely autumn shades that attracted me to it.  It is a mixture of silk, mohair and wool and so is softer than Kureyon.  As it is Silk Garden Lite rather than Silk Garden – it is also thinner.  This shade is no 2129.
I have been thinking of using it for a little shawl – I think I have seen them called shawlettes – I haven’t got very far yet – I cast on and did a couple of rows and then took it out!

When I was last in Oxford I bought some Rowan yarn to make a present for my mother.


Rowan Brushed Fleece

It is Rowan Brushed Fleece – which is a mix of merino wool, alpaca and a small amount of polyamide.  This shade is 254.  It is very soft and will make a cosy cardigan.  I was worried that 10 balls would not be enough but I think it will actually be a few balls too many.  I may even have enough for a scarf as well.
I have almost finished the cardigan – but I haven’t found the right buttons yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment