Wednesday 14 October 2015

Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace

On Saturday I went to London to the Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace. It is about 10 years since I have been.  It is lovely to see everything but I am not very good in crowds.  I decided to go early and queue to get in.  This meant that at least to start with, everywhere is not completely crowded.  I saw lots of lovely things but I am most fascinated by what I don’t do myself – so I love looking at the crochet, the embroidery and the quilts.  The yarn is lovely too but it is very easy to get carried away and spend too much.
Sophie Digard’s work was being exhibited.  I managed to take a few photos of it.


Sophie Digard
Sophie Digard

Sophie Digard

I also visited the Colinette stall to introduce myself.  I have been knitting for Colinette for 2 years now but I have not met any of the staff in person.

Colinette Yarns


Colinette Yarns
The Colinette stall is always very memorable – if you love hand-dyed yarn.  I looked at a lot of yarn but in the end only bought a small amount of Noro from The Laughing Hens Stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment