Wednesday 28 October 2015

Autumn Leaves Shawl

I have been working on my Noro Silk Garden Lite shawl.
The pattern is based on a design by Valentina Devine in the Knit Noro Accessories book.   However that design uses 3 balls of my favourite yarn Noro Kureyon and is knitted on larger needles. 


modular knitted shawl
When I got as far as I have in the first photo I decided that I wanted to make the design more L-shaped and so I have unravelled the top central shape.
This is one of the strangest modules that I have ever knitted – it has an even number of stitches and the rib effect is asymmetrical.


Noro Silk Garden Lite

ribbed modules

At first I thought the modules were too complicated and I would spend all  my time trying to remember which row I was on – but actually I have picked it up quite easily and by the time I was knitting my third module I did not need to refer to the pattern at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment