Sunday 8 November 2015

Autumn Leaves Shawl 2

This week I have been working on several different projects at once.  I wondered why I hadn’t got things finished and then I realised that I knitted 14 poppies on Tuesday and Wednesday.  However, I have finished my Autumn Leaves shawl. 

Noro Silk Garden Lite



modular knitted shawl

I decided to just do the diamond shapes with no edging and I left the ends pointed – rather than filling them in with triangles. And no – that was not because I ran out of yarn – I still have a bit left from the 3 balls I bought.  I have been wondering whether to block the shawl.  The purists will say that I should but I quite like the ridged effect of the rib and don’t really want to flatten it.
I have also been finishing off a cardigan for my mother doing the button and button-hole bands – but it will not be completely finished until I can find some buttons for it.  I am hoping I might find some next week when I go to Reading.
I have also been to the sorting office twice this week to collect parcels of yarn.  The first contained some Colinette Fandango which I want to use for a bag.


Colinette Fandango

The second contained some Colinette Skye in a shade called Toasted Macaroon.


Colinette Skye Toasted Macaroon

I was a bit nervous about opening the second parcel in case I didn’t like the colour.  It can be hard to order yarn online when you have not seen it in a shop.  Anyway – I do like the colour and I have now started knitting a very thick jumper with it – I will write more about this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment