Friday 3 April 2020

Almost Running Out of Yarn

After taking out the sleeves several times and agonising over whether I had enough yarn – I finally finished this little cardigan.



The following photo shows how much yarn I had left when I had finished.  


Before I started the project – I had one 100g ball of yarn.  That would have been fine for a small baby coat, but I had used some of it to make a hat so it was not a full ball.  I looked at it trying to decide if there was enough.  Originally I intended to knit the cardigan with short sleeves, but I always think if it is cold enough to wear a cardigan then you need to have your arms covered.

I have been knitting this little coat for months.  I am not exactly sure when I started it but I know it has been on a few train journeys – so it isn’t recently.

One of the benefits of having to stay at home is that you don’t need portable projects – you can go for the multi-yarn project which needs to have all the yarns laid out.  I have started working on my brick bag – more about this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment