Monday 30 March 2020

Nighshift – Finished Version

I finished this shawl last week but have been too busy to write any posts.


I am pleased with the way it has turned out.  In the end I did decide to extend it by knitting another half section and then another full section of the pattern.  It is now almost the same size as the original.  The reason it turned out smaller is because I have used thinner yarn.


The following is the back view of me modelling my Gossington shawl for Karen Draisey of Oxford Yarn Store.  


I am pleased how this shawl has turned out as well. While I was in the shop – I bought some more yarn to knit yet another shawl.  They are quite therapeutic.  They are the right size – not too large, not too small and fiddly and it doesn’t really matter what size they turn out to be.


I am still trying to finish a little baby coat that I started in January.  I have unravelled the sleeves several times.  I couldn’t seem to get them to look the same – so I started again knitting them both at the same time.  This seems to have worked and I have now got to the sewing up stage.  This is something I am not keen on – so I had better get on with it before I put the project on one side and start on something else.

Actually I have already started on the “Brick bag” that I have wanted to knit for a few years – but it is the kind of project that – you do a bit and then stop and think about it – so I can leave it and go back to the sewing up.  I am hoping that I will be able to write more frequent posts but I know I have said that before and it didn’t happen.  I seem to be better at knitting than writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment