Tuesday 14 April 2020

Fandango Brick Wall Bag – Finished Version

I have finished the Fandango Brick Wall bag – it took just over a week to knit.


When I am constructing a bag – I do the main part of both sides (the interesting bit) – then the side bits, then the bottom rows and join the two sides together using a 3-needle cast off with the ridge on the inside.  I then do some of the top to until the knitting covers most of the lining.  Then picked up stitches along each side and joined the sides using a 3-needle cast off.  I sewed in and cut off all of the ends.



Before I actually attached the knitting to the lining – I sewed the handles on.  I then finished off the top of the bag by knitting in the round.  I also knitted a separate strip for the inside of the bag.  I mainly used  Fandango yarn for sewing up but I also used black sewing thread to sew the bag to the lining at the top - inside and out.  I also added a row of black cotton stitches to the handles – because I have learnt from experience that if you don’t do that – the knitting twists when the bag is used.


For me the bag was very easy to knit.   I did not find my notes on how many stitches to knit for the handles and how many stitches to pick up for the sides but I did not worry about it too much.  Now that the bag is finished – I have found them!  That will come in useful when I knit the next one.  I want to knit a blue bag but I can’t find any more linings at the moment – I have put them somewhere safe.  The moral of this story – is never tidy up.  I am now off to look under the bed in the spare room.

No comments:

Post a Comment