Thursday 23 April 2020

Yellow Marble Baby’s Coat

If you have read my previous post then you might be expecting to see the beginnings of another shawl, but I while I was knitting the Purple Fade shawl – I was also knitting this little baby coat.


Like a lot of knitters – I am raiding my stash both of yarn and patterns.  I have had the yarn for several years.  It is James C Brett’s Baby Marble Double Knitting which is 100% acrylic.  It is good for knitting baby coats as it is interesting as well as practical.  I had bought it to knit a plain coat for a baby of unknown gender.  I think I did use one ball, but I had one left and I found this pattern in my stash.


It has no date on it and says it comes from Yours magazine.  I think I got it from my mother.  I ripped out the pattern before the magazine got thrown away.  I have always loved the feather and fan or old shale pattern.  I know that there is a difference but I can’t remember what it is.  I like the combination of holes and decreases.


While I have been knitting other things over the last few weeks – I have been thinking more about my Everything I Ever Knitted project.  I am going to get back to it.  It is still going on in the background.  


One of the first things I ever knitted was a long-line waistcoat in feather and fan stitch but I have also knitted several multi-yarn throws that involved this stitch.  It is the movement within the rows which makes the stitch idea to use when you are trying to mix yarns or colours (or both).

No comments:

Post a Comment