Wednesday 8 February 2017

Resisting the Temptation to Knit Another Shawl

On Saturday I went to Oxford for the Knitting and Crochet Guild Oxford branch meeting.  I took some more yarn to Oxford Yarn Store – which is collecting yarn for the refugees in Northern Greece.  I sorted out 2 carrier bags of chunky yarn.  Some of it was quite old – about 30 years old – but it can still be knitted into something warm.
I took 2 bags into the Yarn Store and managed to leave with only one.  I bought some more of their sale yarn including some more Noro Silk Garden 4ply.   I also bought some more Noro Kureyon.  I tend to buy this regularly then I don’t notice how much it costs!
I have been knitting tea cosies for most of the week – but I have been thinking about knitting another shawl.  I have found 2 balls of Noro Silk Garden 4ply that I bought last year. 


Noro Silk Garden 4ply


I have been looking around for a pattern to use it for.  I think I have found one in an old Noro magazine.  I will say more on this when I have started it – and I mustn’t start it because I have several more tea cosies to knit.  
This month’s topic for the Knitting and Crochet Guild meeting was the 10 Stitch blanket by Frankie Brown.   As I have said before – I am not a very technical knitter – but I had a go.


10 Stitch blanket


I used some Kureyon and large needles.  When I took it out to photograph – I noticed I had gone wrong – so I unravelled a bit.  I would like to finish this – if I can master the technique – it could be useful for using up odd balls of yarn.  I will add it to the ever growing list of Things to Knit this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment