Wednesday 1 February 2017

Cable Edge Garter Stitch Shawl from Knitting Magazine

This week I have been knitting another shawl – this time from the latest Knitting magazine (Issue 164 February 2017). 

It is a Stylecraft pattern and you are supposed to use Stylecraft Head Over Heels yarn.  I haven’t got any of that but I have got some Debbie Bliss Rialto luxury sock yarn – and so I have use that.   I think I may run out before I finish – but I don’t think that will matter – I will just stop. 
Debbie Bliss sock yarn

I quite like Knitting magazine – in fact I subscribe to it – but sometimes there is nothing in there that I would like to knit.  The latest issue is a good one.  There are several attractive patterns including 2 cardigans that I would knit if I had the time.  Even the shawl on the cover is growing on me.


Knitting magazine seems to have more serious patterns and less little quirky items.  This issue has the second part of an article about the technique of double knitting.  I have kept last month's issue and when I have got time I will have to study the technique (look at the pictures) - to see if I can get better at it than my attempts last September.
There is a "my yarn shop" feature - and this issue it is one of my local yarn stores - Oxford Yarn Store.  I am not the only one who likes it!
I seem to be into shawls at the moment – and I saw an advert in the magazine for Stephen West’s book.  I have ordered it and spent some time looking at the pictures.


I may knit one of the shawls one day – there are several that I like – but I must now spend some more time on tea cosies for my friend who owns All the Fun of the Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment