Wednesday 27 July 2016

Knit the Sky

Knit the Sky is a wonderful title for a book.  It is written by Lea Redmond and has the sub-title: Cultivate Your Creativity with a Playful Way of Knitting.  It is an excellent book.  It is about thinking about knitting in a different way – incorporating it into your life and taking inspiration from your neighbourhood rather than sitting indoors and knitting.   It does contain patterns – but it is really a book of ideas – of things to try.

Knit the Sky by Lea Redmond

The title comes from using the colours in the sky to make a scarf.  It is odd that since I read about this idea – I have spent more time looking at the colour of the sky – something I haven’t done since I was a child.  I used to lay on the ground and look up at the sky fascinated by the patterns of the clouds – I expect all children have done this but you grow out of it – which is a shame.  I will start collecting the yarn to knit one of these scarves.  Perhaps this would be a good new year project.  I wonder how many other people will be starting a scarf on 1 January 2017.  Lots – if they have come across this book.
Despite reading this book – I haven’t done much creative knitting this week.  I have been knitting more tea cosies and have only done a little bit more of my latest throw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment