Saturday 6 August 2016

A Portable Knitting Project

Now it is August - it seems more like summer at last and I have been travelling about.  I needed something portable to knit.  I am still knitting my latest throw when I am at home, but I needed something that is light to carry about and only uses one ball at a time. 
At this time of the year I usually start thinking about decluttering – and taking bags of unwanted items to work to pass on to the Cancer Research charity.  I found a scarf I knitted years ago and thought – that could go.


strip knitting

strip knitting

It is knitted from 3 mitred strips of multi-coloured yarn and is an ideal portable project.  I thought – I will go to Banbury Sewing Centre and buy 3 balls of suitable yarn to knit another one.  (Did you notice that instead of getting rid of a scarf – I have now acquired 3 more balls of yarn?)  They were in the sale!

Rico creative reflection

Rico creative reflection


They are Rico Creative Reflection which is 46% wool, 46% acrylic and 8% polyester.  The shade (003) is quite subtle, but will go well with black. 

strip knitting

I have knitted most of one strip of the scarf so far – I expect it will be finished later in the month.  I will type up the pattern then for any of you that would like to knit one.  I can’t seem to get a good photo of it yet.  At the moment it looks like a knitted snake!

No comments:

Post a Comment