Tuesday 19 July 2016

Poppy Throw – Progress Report

I had thought that if I started knitting another throw the weather would improve.  Today is very hot and not at all suitable for knitting throws – but I may do some more later this evening.  I have had a bit of a break from the throw and have started knitting a few tea cosies for my friend who is trying to re-establish her business - All the Fun of the Fair.

maud tabron poppy throw

This is how far I have got with the throw.  It would be very wrong to complain about the discomfort of knitting it - when it was inspired by the sacrifice of the soldiers in the trenches,
In the photo some of the reds look very similar when in reality they are all very different.  I have included some variegated yarns to add a bit of interest – and because I had some to use up.  I bought a few extra yarns from the online seller – Laughing Hens – including some Louisa Harding yarn called Esquel  - which is a mixture of wool, llama and silk and some yarn from Juniper Moon Farm called Moonshine which is a mixture of wool, alpaca and silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment