Saturday 9 July 2016

Another Knitted Throw

I was intending to start making another throw in Noro Kureyon.  I have knitted a few samples but my heart was not in it.  I will knit it - but now is not the time.
Last Saturday I was in Oxford for the Guild meeting and went to visit Oxford Yarn Store.  Before I set off - I thought about what yarn I wanted to buy to go with yarn I already have.  I want to knit a Christmas jacket in glittery yarn and needed a main colour to pull it all together and I have been thinking of knitting another version of my English Adventure throw using shades of red.  I have enough of the green main colour - leftover from before and I am sure I have oddments for the joining pieces – so I just needed some more shades of red.  I already have some, but I bought a few more.  On my way home I bought another  one on the stall on Gloucester Green market.



Several ladies in Oxford Yarn Store wanted me to tell them about how I knitted the English Adventure throw that is currently in the window.  The more I talked about it – the more I wanted to knit another one – so that is what I am going to do next.
I thought the “We are here.” Art project that took place on 1 July was brilliant and it made me start making a list of all the soldiers that I lost in the First World War – I now have 19 names – I know I will find more when I do more research.  I have mentioned before that I am descended from someone (Thomas Wade) who was killed in action in 1917.  Over the next 2 years – I expect I will use the war as inspiration. 

modular knitting


I have made a start on the throw while I have been watching the tennis on TV.  I expect I will get a bit more done this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment