Wednesday 8 June 2016

More Noro

On Saturday I went to Oxford for the latest Knitting and Crochet Guild branch meeting.  I went early so that I could take my English Adventure throw to Oxford Yarn Store.  It is now having a holiday at the Store – so if you would like to see it in the flesh wool – that is where it is at the moment.  It is a good excuse to show you some of Karen Draisey’s photos of it – which are much better than mine.

Kureyon throw

Noro Kureyon throw

Karen advised me to wash it and block it – as Kureyon becomes much softer when it has been washed.  She was absolutely right – I knew she was – but it was hard to wash and block in the small flat where I live. 
At last the next issue of the Noro magazine is on sale.  I found it last Friday.  I didn’t even open it – I took it straight up to the counter to pay.

Noro magazine issue 8


It contains lots of lovely shawl patterns.  There are 2 that I plan to make one day.  What I haven’t mentioned so far is the Noro yarn I bought in the Oxford Yarn Store and the Noro yarn I bought on the stall on Gloucester Green market.  I can’t knit either of them yet as I have a cardigan to finish and then a baby’s coat and twiddle muff to knit.  However,  I have roughed out a pattern for a new throw – more about that in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment