Saturday 18 June 2016


Commit to Knit

I have been told that knitters are being encouraged to knit for charity during the month of June.  When I was last in Reading, I was given a pattern for a Twiddle Muff to knit for patients suffering from dementia.  As I was away last weekend, I missed the last meeting of the Reading Branch of the Knitting & Crochet Guild at which they were going to knit these muffs -  but I thought I would give it a go.

 
twiddle muff


The muff was easy to knit as the pattern is simple and I have a lot of odd balls of yarn but I found it difficult to decorate.  The instructions tell you to sew it up and then decorate it – this seems very odd to me – so I ignored that and decorated it first.

 
twiddle muff


It could be better – for example – my stripes could all line up  -  but I think it is OK.   I still have several other unfinished items but at least something is finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment