Wednesday 13 April 2016

Dreaming of Knitting an African Adventure

I haven’t quite finished the wrap I have been knitting – I still have a million ends to sew in.  However for the last few weeks I have been thinking about knitting my version of the Horst Schulz design known as an African Adventure.  I had intended to use my Noro Kureyon mountain of odd balls to make a fairly plain throw but now I have decided to use it to knit an African Adventure throw.
Maud Tabron

I have a lot of odd balls and so needed a plain colour to hold them together – so yesterday I went to Oxford Yarn Store.  I had intended to buy some plain yarn by Rowan or Debbie Bliss, but James suggested another Noro yarn called Tokonatsu.  I particularly liked to green shade and thought it will help create the “garden” adventure that I have in mind.
Noro Tokonatsu

This yarn is aran weight and is 40% cotton, 30% silk and 30% viscose.  It is quite light-weight.  Normally I am not keen on cotton yarn as it can be very heavy and difficult to knit with – but although I haven’tried it yet – I think this yarn will be OK.  It also seems to go well with the various balls and scraps of Kureyon that I have. 
Noro knitting yarn

I bought 17 balls of the Tokonatsu (so “no” this is not going to be a cheap project!) – I am not sure whether this is too much or not enough.  If it is too much - I expect I can find something else to do with it – and if not enough – I can buy some more!
yarn for African adventure

Now all I have got to do is knit it!  The World Snooker tournament is coming up at the weekend - 17 days of coverage – I usually like to have something to knit whilst I watch it – so I can convince myself that I am not just sitting in front of the TV wasting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment