Tuesday 19 April 2016

An English Adventure – Day 4

So far this throw is going better than I had expected – I hope I am not “speaking” too soon!


modular knitting in Noro

I am not saying that I haven’t taken some of it out – and I haven’t decided what the finished version will look like exactly - but I am happy with what I have done so far.

modular knitting

While I was knitting I thought – I have mentioned Horst Schulz but I haven’t acknowledged the influence of Patricia Werner on this design.  If you have seen her Mola jackets – you will recognise her influence on this pattern. 
If you like modular knitting - you should have a look at the book:  Dazzling Knits by Patricia Werner


This is a very colourful book.  It provides step-by-step instructions and lots of ideas and advice about choosing colours.  I read it a few years ago and the one thing that stayed with me is the advice to not let the yarn dictate to you.  I remember knitting a pull-over in a multi-coloured yarn that was mainly blue and dark red – but occasionally there was some yellow as well – and I wasn’t very keen on that – so every time I got to it – I cut that bit out.  It could seem a bit wasteful – but I can use the odd bits of yellow in something else.
Apparently including yellow can give a piece of knitting more “life”- but I am not that keen on it unless I am making daffodils!  Having said that – I think a bit may appear in my throw.

I have a large collection of knitting books and like to look through them for inspiration.  I can’t help thinking about my next project when I haven’t finished the one (or three) I am working on.  I have hardly started knitting the English Adventure throw – when I thought – perhaps I could knit one of Patricia Werner’s Mola jackets!

No comments:

Post a Comment