Sunday 17 April 2016

An English Adventure – Day 1

I managed to finish the wrap before I started making my version of Horst Schulz’s African Adventure.

striped knitted wrap

Yesterday was the first day of the World Snooker Tournament and the first day of my new knitting adventure.  I sorted out the Kureyon on the floor in front of the TV and then made a start.


Noro Kureyon knitting yarn

I have decided to make much larger modules than in the African Adventure and I am using 6.5mm needles so that the throw won’t be too heavy. 
The first shape is shown below:
knitted African Adventure

 This is the second shape:


knitted African Adventure

Then they were knitted together:


African Adventure knitted modules

I then picked up stitches and knitted modules on the sides:

African Adventure knitted throw

This completes one section – I have decided to do it like this rather than use egg-timer shapes.   I am now knitting the second section separately – and will join them together with the third section.  I intend to do as little sewing as possible.  And I am not going to leave my ends until last – I am weaving them in when I complete a section.

No comments:

Post a Comment