Sunday 6 September 2015

Another Odd-ball Throw

I am supposed to have finished my Kureyon jacket and I have bought the new yarn for a shawl, but instead of finishing the jacket or starting the shawl, I have started knitting another odd-ball throw. The first square of which is shown below.
mitered squares

I had the idea and I wanted to try it.  I intend to knit 54 squares using 2 colours for each square, trying to avoid having any 2 squares the same.  The yarn is all double knitting and I am using 5mm needles and garter stitch.  I have cast on 71sts for each square, 35 + 1+ 35.

You can see how stressed I have been this week because instead of doing knitting that required any kind of thinking – I have just been knitting garter stitch squares!


mitred squares

Even while I have been knitting these squares, I have been thinking of other designs that will help me use up all the odd bits of yarn in my stash.  When I have finished this throw I will give it to charity.

I still hope to finish off the jacket off this week when I get to a shop to buy some buttons  but I had better keep my eyes shut as I pass all the new yarns!

No comments:

Post a Comment