Saturday 19 September 2015

Knitting on the Train

If I am not too cramped, I like to knit on the train.  Obviously I like knitting, but I also find it helps me to stay awake.  I like reading too, but I don’t get through many pages before my eyes start to close.

Although I have been away from home for the last week – I have been working on my poppies throw.  I have decided to knit the squares in strips and so far I have knitted 2 full strips.  It was the third strip that I was knitting on the train yesterday.

Now that I am home again I have laid out all the yarn that I have got so that I can easily decide which colour to use next.


Noro Kureyon

I have also laid out the 2 strips that I have done so far.  Although I have said that I am knitting my third strip – this may end up as my fifth as I am not completely happy with the order of the colours.


strips for poppies throw

As I am still on holiday this coming week – I am hoping to spend more time knitting, but I may have to spend time catching up on other things that have been neglected.  I was thinking - as the throw consists of 6 strips and I have almost finished 3 of them, by this time next week I ought to have almost finished this throw – with just the edging and the darning of ends to do.  It will be interesting to see if that is the case or if I have been distracted by something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment