Sunday 30 August 2015

Going out to buy Buttons

On Tuesday I decided to go out to buy some buttons for my jacket.  I have almost finished it.  I have knitted the button-band and was just about to start the button-hole band and then all that is left is sort out the length of the sleeves.  I have short arms so I usually need to make them shorter than the pattern suggests.  It is odd but most pattern writers seem to think that your arms get longer, the larger the size you are – but this is not the case – if you are large – you may need wider sleeves, but not necessarily longer ones.  After knitting for my mother and sister, I have found out that short arms is a family characteristic.

I normally buy buttons from Banbury Sewing Centre – and I went in there, but I got distracted by the new yarns that they have got in.  I did eventually get to the buttons at the back of the shop – but I couldn’t decide what to buy – I think I will have to finish the jacket first and then take it in and place various buttons on it to see which ones look right.

I didn’t manage to leave without buying some more yarn!


hand knitting yarns

I particularly like the Stylecraft Cabaret.  I think I have seen it advertised in one of the magazines.  I want to make a triangular shawl out of one large module – and so I decided to choose some yarns for this project.  The Sirdar Divine that I used for my wrap was particularly lovely – so I have chosen 2 more shades of that to try – a red and a green. 

Sirdar Divine


Stylecraft Cabaret

Rico creative reflection

Wasn’t I supposed to be finishing those jackets on my spare bed?!

No comments:

Post a Comment