Friday 24 July 2015

Yarn at John Lewis in Reading

On the second Saturday of most months the Reading branch of the Knitting and Crochet Guild meet up at RISC in London Street.   On 11 July I went to my first meeting in ages.  Last month I know I said that the yarn sellers of Reading were disappointing but that didn’t stop me visiting them.
John Lewis should be praised for continuing to have a Haberdashery department when most of the other department stores closed theirs years ago.  This month I visited the Reading branch and bought the yarn shown below.


Wendy merino dk yarn

It is 9 x 50g balls of Wendy Merino wool in a dark blue denim shade.  I know it isn’t very exciting but it was in the sale at less than half price.  Although I wasn’t exactly intending to buy it – I have been thinking about buying some yarn to use as a main colour for a couple of Jo Sharp designs that I would like to knit which would use up some of my yarn mountain.
Otherwise I have still been thinking about knitting rather than working on any of my projects.  I am knitting for Colinette at the moment and the project is commercially confidential as it hasn’t been published yet – so I had better not post photos of what I have been knitting.
Hopefully next week I will be able to show you a finished mauve and orange wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment