Friday 3 July 2015

Shell-Shaped Modular Wrap

I have edited the last post because I forgot to include contact details for Banbury Sewing Centre for those of you who are not familiar with it and may want to visit it sometime.
This week I have been working on my shell-shaped modular knitted stole or wrap.  I am not sure what to call it.  It is a wide scarf!

knitted shell module
This first photo shows what a single module looks like. 
I am not sure that I have bought enough yarn – I have bought 3 balls.  The original pattern says 5 but that is for a baby’s blanket.  I think I will need to buy at least another one.
The photo below shows how much I can knit with one ball (11 full shapes, and 7 half shapes).  It also shows how colours can look very different when the light changes.  It was much brighter when I took the second photo.


shell modular knitted wrap

I am glad I am trying something new.  It is easy to just knit the same things.  Having said that I would like to make myself a new Fandango bag.  I have had the idea since I made one last year.  I think that will be my next project.  It isn’t suitable weather for throws.

No comments:

Post a Comment