Thursday 25 June 2015

Banbury Sewing Centre



I hadn’t been to Banbury Sewing Centre for ages – but I have been in there a couple of times this week.   Despite the name – the shop sells quite a lot of yarn and I went in to see what they had at the moment.
I was looking for something suitable for a shell-shaped modular stole or scarf.  I fancied having a go at a new shape rather than doing squares and other rectangles all the time.



I decided to buy some Sirdar Divine.  It is 100% man-made – being 72% polyester and 28% acrylic.  That will sound nasty to those of you who only like natural fibres – but it is an attractive fashion yarn and it is very soft.

yarn Sirdar Divine

There was a choice of several colours and I found it hard to decide as I liked several of them.  I have a tendency to like mauve – and this one was the most mauve!
Banbury Sewing Centre mainly sells Sirdar and Stylecraft, but it has some other yarns as well.  I saw Patons and Regia yarn and they have just started stocking Red Heart.  This looks interesting – but they only have a very small amount in stock at the moment.  I may look at this later in the year – if they get some more.


They also sell fabric and a wide range of haberdashery including buttons (which can be bought individually so you can have the number you want.)  I sometimes spend ages in there trying to find the best match for a cardigan I have knitted.  One day I will take my own advice and buy the buttons first and find yarn to go with them!


I have forgotten to mention contact details for Banbury Sewing Centre.  These are as follows:

Banbury Sewing Centre
57 Parsons Street
Banbury
OX16 5NB

01295 262344

www.banburysewingcentre.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment