Sunday 3 May 2015

Passionate Patchwork by Kaffe Fassett with Liza Prior Lucy

I am always looking for new ideas for colour combinations or patterns.  I have a large number of books that I look through for inspiration.  I am still looking for ideas to use up odd yarn.

Kaffe Fassett patchwork

This is an excellent book about making quilts from fabric.  I am not keen on sewing but I can appreciate the skill of those who are good at it.
This book has lots of colourful photographs of gorgeous quilts.  There are several ideas that I am going to knit one day!  I love the quilt on the cover.  The text actually refers to Horst Schulz knitting this pattern. 
There is also another quilt made from blue and white shirt fabric which I would like to use as inspiration for a knitted throw using up all my odd bits of blue and white yarn that I have got left over from making tea cosies.  I know I have a large sackful of part-balls. 
All this will have to wait as I am still knitting samples at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment