Sunday 10 May 2015

Colinette Arizona Dreams – Yosemite – Jabba Juice

This week I have finished knitting samples.  The photo below shows one Lone Star sample and one Vatican Pie.
Colinette Grand Teton

I have now made a start on a new throw.  It is the Yosemite pattern and the colourway is called Jabba Juice.

Colinette Yosemite Jabba Juice

I am not sure the photos show how gorgeous the colours are.  This colourway is a combination of greens and browns with a red and orange contrast.

hand knitted throw


Since I have started working on this throw I have thought of another jacket I could knit.  I found the pattern in a Debbie Bliss book I was leafing through while I was waiting for my computer to load.   I have a pile of Noro yarn that has been looking for a pattern.  This is conveniently ignoring that I have 3 unfinished jackets to get back to!
Yesterday I was reading the Spitalfields Life blog which I find inspiring although it is nothing to do with knitting.  It included some artistic representations of London buildings and my immediate reaction was: “I could knit something like that” and make them into a throw depicting all the places that my mother’s family are associated with!  I think that might be a very ambitious project for the future when I have nothing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment