Monday 18 May 2015

Noro Lace – 30 Exquisite Knits


Noro knitting book

I saw this book advertised and I ordered it at once!
As it says – it contains 30 knits.  I am not sure that they are all “exquisite”.  The yarn certainly is, but I think some of the patterns are a bit odd – at least – not something I would want to knit.
I often look at a Noro pattern and think it is too basic – so I thought “Noro Lace” might have some more interesting patterns in it – and it does.  There are several cowls, scarves and shawls that are very attractive and a cropped cardi which I particularly liked. 
The scarf on the cover is something I might knit one day but my favourite pattern is a vertebrae stitch afghan.  It is knitted in two shades of Silk Garden and needs 14 balls so it would cost a fortune – but it is lovely!  I think it would be a project to knit using discontinued colours which can be found at reduced prices.  I sound as if I am talking myself into it.  I will add it to my “maybe one day” list.

No comments:

Post a Comment