Tuesday 2 July 2019

Bauhaus Throw – Square 3

Shortly after writing the previous post – I decided I needed to take my own advice – which is – if you are not happy with your knitting - take it out.  So immediately after finishing Square 2 – I unravelled it!  I decided that I should have knitted Square 2 above Square 1 and then Square 3 above that.


I will then knit a long centre spine and knit Squares 4, 5 and 6 from the bottom again.  I normally knit modular knitting in strips so I don’t really know why I did what I did.  I think I was concerned about how wide the throw would turn out.

As I think the amount of yarn I have is quite tight – I must reuse the yarn I have unravelled.  I had even darned in the ends – so now the lengths will not be long enough but hopefully I will still have enough yarn to complete the throw.


I have now completed Square 3 as well as the new Square 2 and my next task on this project, after knitting the centre spine – is to tackle the pile of unravelled yarn.  My lounge will be much tidier when I have done it.  As the tennis is now on every day – I should get it done this week but I have started knitting a little baby jacket.  It is amazing how quick that is to knit despite my changing my mind about which size to knit.  I would like to get that finished this week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment