Tuesday 18 June 2019

Bauhaus Throw – Square 2

I have now completed 2 large squares of this throw and am about to start the third.


I have draped the throw over the back of my chair to photograph progress so far.  I think I am happy with it.  I did wonder if I should have knitted the 3 vertical squares on one side and then the 3 on the other side but that would have meant managing a lot of stitches.  This way is easier to knit. 


I could have knitted the squares separately and then joined them afterwards but I am not keen on having to sew up knitting if it can be avoided.  


There should be a lot of tennis on TV over the next few weeks (if it is not rained off) – so I should get the rest of this throw knitted quite quickly.  I would like to get it done before it gets too hot – but maybe it won’t get hot this year.  I often seem to be knitting throws when it is very hot and tea cosies when it is cold – when it would be better to do it the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment