Thursday 30 May 2019

Forge by Martin Storey

I have mentioned that I am knitting a jumper – actually I have almost finished it now.  It is called Forge and is another design by Martin Storey – I seem to have done a lot of his recently.




It is knitted in Rowan Moordale which is 70% wool and 30% alpaca.  It is very soft! This shade is called Gooseberry. The design is supposed to be knitted by casting on with a different colour.  You can forget that – I am not spending almost £16 for a different colour even if I liked the effect, which I don't.  So far I do like the basic design.  It is stocking stitch and then garter stitch at the top.  I have done the front and back and am now working on the sleeves.


All 3 photos are knitted using the same yarn - I say this because the colour looks different in each one.  I think the last one is the closest to the actual colour.  I am not completely sure that the jumper is going to fit me but I have been measuring the knitting against a jumper that does fit me and it is similar – so fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment