Tuesday 7 May 2019

Denim Baby Jacket



Although this is a little jacket that I have knitted recently for a relatively new baby – it fits well with the theme of retro knitting.  I have knitted lots of little jackets over the years.


This jacket is knitted using some old yarn from my stash.  It is Sirdar Denim Tweed DK.  It is 60% acrylic, 25% cotton and 15% wool.  It feels like soft cotton.  It is not stiff like yarn which is only made of cotton.



I have used it before for babies’ jackets but normally I use a blue shade.  I have also used it in the past with blue and cream to make Denim Union Jack tea cosies.  

It was quite hard to find buttons which looked right.  Many were the wrong shade of red.  It is amazing how many shades of red that there are.

While I was watching the snooker I finally finished the Creative Cables Throw – I will show you a photo of that next week.  I have also started knitting a jumper using Rowan Moordale.  It is my third Martin Storey project in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment