Tuesday 6 November 2018

Noro Kureyon – Seashell Ripple Shawl

Last week I was away for a few days and wanted to take a portable project with me.  I decided to take the yarn for this Seashell Ripple Shawl.  It was supposed to require 6 balls of Kureyon but it only just needed 5.  I only used the 5th ball for the last 2 rows and casting off.


This pattern is from the Noro Kureyon 30th Anniversary Collection and is by Susan Ashcroft.  Unusually for me – I didn’t change it much.  There was one row when it told me to purl the last 11 sts and I thought I ought to knit them (it may have been the opposite) but that was all.  The pattern was easy to follow.  

When I had finished knitting I had a screwed up ball of knitting but after I had washed it and stretched it out – it turned into a shawl.


The shade of Kureyon I used is 368.  It was from my stash.  I think I have finished knitting the Kureyon jumper that I have been knitting for the last few weeks but I haven’t sewed it up yet.  
I visited Oxford Yarn Store twice last week and I managed to leave without buying any more Kureyon.  I am glad to see it back.  They have not stocked it since the previous supplier went out of business.  It is so lovely – it won’t be long before I buy some more.  I am already looking at patterns and thinking – that would look good in Kureyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment