Thursday 29 November 2018

Back to Square One

I have heard this phrase a lot recently.  It is quite appropriate to use to refer to my knitting.  For many years – since I first saw the book – I have wanted to knit the cardigan on the front cover of Patricia Werner’s – Dazzling Knits.  It is called Dream Coat.


I have tried it before and unravelled it because my version looked too dull.  I think there is a need to strike a balance between knitting something interesting and knitting something that is too garish to wear.  I am attracted to using pinks and oranges but they are too bright for this and I tried to just use Noro Silk Garden but that looked too bitty.  Unusually – I have taken a photo of some of the squares (or more accurately diamonds) which I have rejected.


I decided that things would go better if I had a main colour and so I combined some yarns that my sister bought me a couple of years ago with a few skeins of Silk Garden.


I think things are now going better.  I haven’t made as much progress as I would have liked but I am happier with how things look so far.


I had wanted to get this cardigan finished to wear in the next week or so – but that is not going to happen.  I might have managed it if I had not had to knit 14 more tea cosies which were not in my original schedule.  I  have also been knitting a present  which is almost finished now and which I will show you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment