Monday 23 July 2018

Simply Stripes Blanket – Finished Version

I have finished this throw – and taken some terrible photos of it.  It is so sunny here – that I had to take the photos with the curtains closed. 


Although the photos are not great  - at least you can tell what it looks like in a general way.   Last time I said that the throw is quite small and it is – but despite going down 2 needle sizes – the sample is still larger than it is supposed to be.

This week I have also been knitting a sleeve to sew to the top of my memorial quilt so it can be hung up.  The only problem is that I haven’t got the quilt here – so I have had to knit roughly the same number of stitches I did for the edge of the quilt and hope it will fit.  I could be taking it out yet.
Karen Draisey from Oxford Yarn Store has become the quilt’s publicity agent.  Which is a good thing because if it were left to me I would just put it in the spare room and move on to the next project.  
I am in a funny mood at the moment.  I can’t decide what to knit next.  I think I may start 3 projects and see which one I want to concentrate on.  Normally it is best for me to work on a project until I have finished it – otherwise if I stop – I don’t start it again.  Perhaps if I can do a bit of each project most days I will get them all done – or alternatively I will have 3 more half-finished projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment