Tuesday 31 July 2018

Casting On

Last time I said that I was going to cast on 3 projects and see which one I fancied concentrating on – since then I have acquired some more.

Firstly we are still trying to get a decent photograph of my memorial quilt - so last week I made a sleeve for the top of it so it could be hung on a pole like a curtain.  However the bottom still looks uneven so I am going to re-block it and make another sleeve for the bottom of the quilt.
I have started it!


Actually – it wont take long to finish the knitting – I just need to get on with it.  I may do it today.
The second unforeseen thing was that my friend Buzz from All the Fun of the Fair wants some more tea cosies knitted.  As I was travelling around at the weekend – I started knitting these as they are very portable projects.


The first of the 3 projects that I had intended to start is a short-sleeved cardigan to wear to work when it is a bit chilly.  I don’t need it at the moment but it would be good to have it finished by September.  


The second is another project that I need to finish in August.  It is a shawl for my aunt’s birthday.


I am not entirely happy with it and may take it out again yet.
The third project is so far even less successful.  I have knitted 2 of the afghans from Martin Storey’s Afghan Knits book and I decided I could use up some yarn by knitting another one.  However I have only done one row and then got stuck.


I think the pattern is wrong – but it may be me – I am not good with charts.  Often patterns have both but this one doesn’t.  I will come back to this!  I have enough to be getting on with.

No comments:

Post a Comment