Friday 20 October 2017

Free Your Fade

Free Your Fade is the latest design by Andrea Mowry of DreaReneeKnits.com.  A couple of weeks ago I received a copy of the Tangled Yarn newsletter and it advertised this shawl as well as a variation on the Hitchhiker pattern – Hitchhiker Beyond.  I ordered both immediately and started knitting this shawl as soon as the pattern arrived.




I think I have almost finished it.  At least I haven’t got much yarn left so it will have to be nearly finished!  You are encouraged to use any yarn of any thickness. 

I have used 2 balls of Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury Sock yarn in Shade 04.  The idea of the shawl is to change from one colour to another whenever you like.  The pattern describes two colours changes.  I have knitted it in one shade but have changed balls following the pattern – so I have two colour changes, but my colour changes are very subtle.


When I started knitting this shawl – I took it out 3 times until I got the hang of the pattern.  It is me – the pattern is excellent.  I was tempted by the previous design called Find Your Fade shawl – but decided it is a bit too big – this one is a more manageable size – both to knit and to wear.  I may have a go at Find Your Fade but make it smaller.  I thoroughly recommend Free Your Fade to all shawl fans.
I am now going to get back to the serious stuff.  I have started knitting the next piece of my Memorial Quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment