Wednesday 14 June 2017

Knitting Shawls from Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury Sock Yarn

A few weeks ago I started knitting another shawl using Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury Sock yarn.  It is a lovely yarn and I am adding it to my list of all time favourites.    It is 75% wool and 25% polyamide.  It is very soft and lovely colours.  I understand that Debbie Bliss does not like knitting socks.  They do not appeal to me either.  I have dubbed this yarn – a sock yarn for those who don’t like knitting socks!
Last weekend – I picked up the shawl and intended to take it away with me for the weekend, but instead I have decided to unravel it!


This photo shows how much I have done.  The pattern is annoying me.  I have definitely followed the instructions correctly but the holes do not come out where I would like them to.  I could alter the pattern so it looks right but I think I will start from scratch and make up my own pattern.  I must stop being lazy.
When I received the latest issue of Knitting magazine (July 2017 Issue 169) – I was very pleased to see that it includes a design by Brian Smith which uses Debbie Bliss Rialto Luxury Sock yarn.  I bought the yarn that has been used – that is Shade 01 and Shade 07.

Rialto Luxury Sock



When I was looking at the different shades – I also fell in love with 2 others – so I bought them as well.  If I am happy with this Brian Smith design – I may knit a second one.

Anyway – so I took the new pattern and yarn away with me for the weekend – and this is what I have done so far.


Brian Smith knitting pattern


I ought to be doing something else but I keep picking up the shawl and doing a few more rows.


No comments:

Post a Comment