Tuesday 27 June 2017

Ariadne’s Labyrinth

For several weeks I have been knitting a throw based on the central section of Frankie Brown’s 10-stitch blanket.  It is now finished and I am trying to decide whether to risk putting it in the washing machine on a wool wash.  I think I won’t – I will hand wash it this evening and dry it on towels.




I am happy with the finished throw.  I was not really sure what it would look like as I knitted a pile of squares in Noro Kureyon.  I joined all the squares together by using a couple of odd balls of black aran yarn to pick up stitches along the edges and then using the 3-needle cast off method. 


I did the same around the edge of the squares and joined on a narrow garter-stitch edge piece.  When I knitted the original 10-stitch blanket – I did not knit an edge piece and this means the edges are a bit floppy.  I may go back and add one.  I have some of the yarn left.
ariadnes labyrinth

On Saturday – the latest edition of Knitting magazine arrived in the post.  In that there is a reference to a Drops Design pattern called Ariadne’s Labyrinth.  This is a very similar pattern.  As I said a few posts ago – I don’t think there is anything original.   So if you want to knit a similar throw – you could use the Drops Design pattern or just use the central sections of Frankie Brown’s pattern. 
I have also nearly finished the shawl I was knitting last week.  All I have got to do is cast off, sew in a couple of ends, and then block it.  If I am going to tackle the throw today – I won’t get onto that until the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment